Undergraduate Research Opportunities
Our research would not be possible without the help of many talented undergraduate Research Assistants (RAs). When we have openings in our lab, we seek motivated, hard-working, responsible students with an interest in social psychology research. RA positions are ideally suited for students who are considering graduate school in psychology or related disciplines. When hiring RAs, we prioritize students who have taken these courses (or their equivalents):
- Introduction to Psychological Science (PSY2012)
- Psychological Statistics (PSY3204)
- Research Methods in Psychology (PSY3213)
- Social Psychology (SOP4004)
Other desirable qualities include:
- A GPA of 3.4 or higher
- Ability to commit for at least one full semester
- Professional work ethic and conduct
- Good communication skills (in email and in person)
- 8-9 hours per week devoted to lab work (depending on responsibilities)
Undergraduate RAs in our lab may participate for credit (as PSY4913, Directed Study), or on a volunteer basis.
If you are interested in learning more about RA opportunities, please email Jennifer Bosson (email@example.com) or Joe Vandello (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you are interested in applying to graduate school in our, Cognitive, Neuroscience, and Social (CNS) Psychology Program please email Jennifer Bosson (email@example.com) or Joe Vandello (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ask whether we are currently recruiting graduate students.